Ephesians 3:16-20 (NLT)
I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God;s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully, then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.
The book of Ephesians unfolds that plan that God has for us as the Body of Christ (the Church).
- You were chosen, saved, made one body (Jews and Gentiles).
- Ephesians 3:10 - reveals a special task for the Church
- Ephesians 3:12 gives us reason to have confidence in prayer
- Ephesians 4:1-3 challenges us to complete our calling
I pray that you will be . . .
Empowered with Inner Strength - v.16
- Empowered indicates a maturing.
- 2 Corinthians 4:14-18
Indwelt by Love - v.17-19a
- Romans 5:5
- Love is living for the good of another.
Experience the Fullness of God - v.19b-20
- God is more than able to make it happen.
- It happens in our lives by the power of God that is in you.