1 Samuel 16: 1-13
1 And The LORD said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou morn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? Fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons.
10 ... Jesse made seven of his sons to pass before Samuel. And Samuel said unto Jesse, The LORD has not chosen these.
11 And Samuel said unto Jesse, Are here all thy children? And he said, there remaineth yet the youngest, and, behold, he keepeth the sheep. And Samuel said unto Jesse, Send and fetch him: for we will not sit down till he come hither...
13 Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed in the midst of his brothers; and the Spirit of The LORD came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel arose and went to Ramah.
Examples of people who defined their lives by their decisions
Spiritual encounters will change your destiny
- God calls us personally
- God's call has purpose
- God's call is perpetual
Many spiritual encounters take place during times of crisis.
- Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 There has no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
Spiritual encounters can be missed or dismissed.
Spiritual Encounters begin with an invitation
- Event brings an awareness
- Which demands a decision,
- But it takes a commitment to the process,
- To make a change.