Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
I. The first word in salvation is GRACE.
- Grace is giving you something that you don't deserve.
- Religious systems are about climbing up;
- Christianity is about Jesus coming down.
II. It is a GIFT of God.
- John 1:11-14
- Receiving God's grace (Romans 8:16 - there is a witness in our spirit)
- Ephesians 4:32 (You become more gracious when you receive)
- You want others to experience what you have, when you receive grace.
III. Not of works
- 2 Corinth. 5:21 - Jesus was made sin; we were made righteous.
- Isaiah 6:10
- Whisper Test