38 And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow; and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? 39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was great calm.
Storm Watchers: Our generation has seen more storms than any other generation. Remember Hurricane Katrina?
- Long day teaching, Jesus wanted to go to the other side.
- A storm came up quickly and Jesus was asleep in the boat.
- They woke Jesus up with an accusation, "Don't you care if we die?"
- Jesus rebuked the storm, then calmed the disciples.
- Storms come at inconvenient times.
- Storms sometimes happen in the middle of God's will.
- Storms even happen to those closest to God.
- Storms will come.
- Jesus is with us in the storm.
- Jesus will calm our storms.
- In the storm we receive revelation.