Recognize the POWER of the Cross.
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
Through the power of the cross, we were REDEEMED.
- Galatians 3:13 - Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree
- The power of Christ's redemption is released in us as we believe (Isaiah 53).
Through the power of the cross, we have been RECONCILED.
- Ephesians 2:16 - And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
- Reconcile means to "restore relations."
Through the power of the cross, we are REUNITED with Christ.
- Colossians 1:20 - And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
- Disciples of Christ are not called to only make a decision, they are called to follow.
Through the power of the cross, all evidence of sin was REMOVED.
- Colossians 2:14 - Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
- Through the cross we have access to God's power, power that enables us to say no to sin.