Love defined: living for the good of another.
Love described: 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. 8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
Love is the best representation of God we have on earth.
- Of all the words to describe God, love is used.
- Of all the commands we are to follow, to love God and to love our neighbor is the greatest.
- Of all the proofs of discipleship, having love one for another is the one Jesus used.
Love is a CHOICE.
- God enables us to love: Romans 5:5, Galatians 5:22-23
- 1 John 4:9,10 shows love in action. It was premeditated, observable, and costly.
Love's warning lights:
Great Lovers: 1 John 3:16-18
- Great lovers GIVE. John 3:16
- Great lovers SACRIFICE. John 15:13
- Great lovers LOVE WITHOUT BEING LOVED BACK. Romans 5:8
- Great lovers PROTECT/HELP. 1 Peter 4:8
- Great lovers GIVE 100%. 1 John 3:1